brand new by the way

In December 2005 I left my job as a software developer...In January I will be going to Thailand to do some voluntary work at an orphanage for disabled children (see ccd/For Life links)...here are some of my thoughts and experiences...

Monday, July 03, 2006

Cinema...CINEMA!

Today I took a guy called Biaow to the cinema.


Biaow is Thai for "wonky" and refers to his mouth...the Thais can be so cruel! There are quite a lot of people here who's nickname is "uan" which means "fat"!

He doesn't actually come to our day care centre except in the morning when he brings a few of the boys to us from his ward. I don't know how old he is: 40+ I think...he's always really friendly, when he drops in he shakes everyone's hand and we have a little chat - I have absolutely no idea what he's saying (nor does anyone else for that matter) but that's not really the point!

He's one of the guys who helps out the staff on the wards, doing most of the dirty work, and for that reason I don't think he gets out very often and I didn't think I'd get permission to take him out today...but I'd say they are very grateful for the job he does and they were happy for him to have a bit of fun.

Anyway, he had a good time and it was a great pleasure for me to be able to play a part in that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home